Cortana is an awesome feature in Windows 10 after Windows phone 8. This article shows your how to enable and configure Cortana in Windows 10.
The great personal assistant performed its first appearance on Windows phone 8. Now Cortana has been integrated to Windows 10.
In another words, we would say that Cortana Replacing Bing Search.
What is Cortana ?
Cortana is Clever new Personal assistant in Windows 10.
Cortana helps you to search and get things on your computer, find files, Manage your Calendar, you can ask questions using natural language.
You can ask Cortana the Weather information of your city, and latest scores of your favorite sports, traffic information of your city.
Cortana let allow your to interact with all your devices using voice command, send emails, set reminders and more…
How to Enable and Configure Cortana in Windows 10
- As shown below Click in the Search field and then Cortana button (Round icon)
- Click on I Agree on the privacy statement
- Enter a name or nickname and click Next
- You’re done. Cortana has been now configured on your PC.
How to Configure Cortana in Windows 10
- Once the Cortana feature is enabled, you will see new option available in the Search field.
- Click on the Microphone icon to start ask your question in Cortana.
- Now Click on the circular icon and open Cortana. Cortana use contextual cards to deliver info about your favorite topics.
- You will find all the recent updates and your current appointments listed in the Home menu.
- Notebook menu is where you can configure and customize Cortana’s settings and information cards.
- The Reminders menu is used to create and manage your appointments.
- Now Click on the + button to create a new reminder, then fill in the Remember to, People, Place and Time fields with the appropriate information.
Now you’re set with all requirements to use Cortana effectively.