Yes, If you use Cortana or search box in Windows 10 then it will bring up the results from the Bing.
If you like to change the Cortana search Google instead of Bing, then this tutorial explains you that how to change the default search of Cortana in Windows 10.
Developers have provided a Workaround which force Cortana to search Google rather than Bing search.
We already knew that Bing is the default Search engine for Edge Browser. Let’s see how to change the default search of Cortana in Windows 10 ?
How to change the default search of Cortana in Windows 10 ?
- You will need to Change your Default browser as Google Chrome.
Go to Settings >> System >> Default Apps >> Web Browser.
- Now you need to install the Bing2google extension from this link. You NO need to set anything up in the extension here.
- Now Open Google Chrome and install the Chrometana extension from this link.
- Once the extension is installed, below webpage displays. Now, Click on Google icon.
- Now you have to enable background apps in Google Chrome.
Click the 3 bars button in the top right corner of the Google Chrome window and then select ‘Settings’, navigate to the bottom of this page and click ‘Show advanced settings.’
Scroll down to the ‘System’ area and choose the ‘Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed’
That’s it. Now your Windows 10 Search bar and Cortana search should be redirected to Google Chrome as default.
This is the simple way to force Windows 10 Search box or Force Cortana to use Google Chrome as default Search.