Have you ever asked yourself that how to start a successful blog in 2021? Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to start a blog and earn easily without technical knowledge or coding skills.
Yes, it’s possible. There are many people already started blogs and making money for living.
I’m the one, who is the living example in the world of blogging.
Do you want definite proof of blog earnings?
Don’t imagine that you can earn huge money the moment you start a blog. But you can earn more than this if you do the blogging in the right way.
You might be having many questions like how to start a successful blog and make money or should I start a blog now and many more queries. You will get answers for all your queries related to blogging business.
If you’re really serious to learn how to start a profitable blogging business then you need to spend at least 15 minutes. We’ll prove your that you can still make money blogging in 2021.
Starting a blog is very easy, but you need to work hard, dedication with patience in order to generate revenue from the blogging business.
Before diving into this guide, keep in mind that you’re not starting this blog not only for money. You need to be passionate about what you’re blogging and the money will generate automatically.
Congratulations on starting a blog. It’s true, starting a website is the right way to step into the digital world as many successful bloggers have achieved their goals in this area.
After Covid-19 people are very interested to know how to start a blog in 2021 to make money. COVID – 19 Pandemic make most of the companies to allow their employees to work from home with the best online jobs. Many people started their own website.
How to start a blog and earn successfully – A Quick Book
Below is a simple guide to learn how to start a successful blog and make money in 2021 easily.
First of all, you must have an idea to choose a name (domain) for your blog.
So you need to head over to Bluehost and register for the basic plan $2.95 per month (if you sign up for at least 3 years). I strongly recommend you to get this best deal.
Go through the simple instructions to set up the account. You’ll be asked to select a few package extras. You may skip all those packages except “privacy + protection” (worth investment).
Once you’ve completed your set up, you’ll have your official blog on the internet.
- 1. Web-hosting Signup.
- 2. Select your Hosting Plan.
- 3. Select a domain name for your blog (like me… saransaro.com).
- 4. Do complete the hosting registration process.
- 5. Start Install WordPress.
- 6. Write your first blog-post and Publish.
After publishing a few posts under your blog, you’ll start seeing traffic coming into your blog. Now, you’ll be able to make your first $1.
Alright. Let’s go through the complete process in detail with easy step-by-step instructions with images.
Affiliate Disclosure -Some of the links in this blog are affiliate links. We’ll earn a small commission if you click the link and do a sale. But there is no additional cost to you for any purchase.
What skills do I need to start a blog now?
- No technical knowledge required creating a blog on WordPress.
- You must have a depth of knowledge and real interest around the niche or topic you’re going to blog about.
- Like to research more on your niche market.
- As a blogger, you must be motivated, self-discipline and endurance.
- Ready to interact with your visitors.
What is your Niche (Topic) to blog about?
Before dive into blog creation steps ensure the niche (topic) which you’re going to blog about.
If you start a blog, you no need to be a revolutionary writer. But you should have sound knowledge about the topic you’re going to write or blog. Here is the simple ways to choose a perfect niche for your blog.
Make sure that your blog should be targeted on something specifically.
Your blog should be unique.
You need to decide what your topic is. However, just ask yourself a few questions listed below.
A). Am I really interested in this topic?
If a blogger wants to succeed then he / she must love the topic they write. Your involvement will show in your writing.
Keep in mind that if you only target money then don’t write because you cannot provide quality contents.
I’m not saying don’t expect money from a blog. You’ll surely earn revenue from your blog when you start seeing real visitors to your blog.
So, love your topic and write the content naturally. When you love your writing then you can deliver the quality content consistently to build real audiences.
B). What to do if others target my topic?
Don’t panic. It’s true wherever you go “competition” will be there. It can be in the business, sport, as a student or whatever it may be.
Your unique skill and presence of mind will take this situation and make use of your unique talent and skills.
For example, if you want to start a food blog, just don’t try the common words like “food“. Look for an alternate and unique word like “edibles“.
How to Start a Blog and Earn Money in 2021: Step-by-Step Tutorial for Beginners
Here is the simple 6 steps to follow to start a blog successfully. Read it carefully and follow the steps. You’ll not take more than 15 minutes to complete a new blog. Let’s start.
When you register your hosting service, ensure that you have all below features on your hosting company.
- Free SSL (Secure)
- Free Domain Name when Web-hosting sign up
- Customized free email accounts.
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic support.
- 24 / 7 customer support with chat.
I would recommend to go with Bluehost where you’ll get all these features for affordable price.
Step 1: Domain Name and Hosting
Web Hosting: It’s a physical place on your website or blog. Web hosting allots a physical place for your blog content on the internet. We can say that Web-hosting for blog is the storage place for your images, videos, text and anything available on your blog.
First of all, you need to buy your domain name and hosting prior to starting your own blog. This page will guide you with the entire trusted place to buy your domain and hosting services.
How to choose the right Domain Name for your blog?
- Choose your personal name as your blog name if you’re going to build a blog about yourself.
- Select your domain name mentioning any general topic, if you’re trying to build a website about any topic or niche.
- Make it very simple to type your domain name.
- Let your domain name pronounceable.
- Try to choose a unique domain name, as some other blogger may get your traffic if the visitors mistakenly type another website.
- Domain names should be short in letters.
- Avoid using other’s slogans or trademarks.
- Your Domain name should have a meaning. So that Google will understand your contents.
- Using Numbers and Hyphens in the domain name will be very difficult to pronounce and tell others.
Shall I get free domain & hosting?
Haha.. 🙂 Yeah. You’ll get free domain, though you’ll not control your domain name in all aspects.
Free Domain Name : saransaro.wix.com
Hosted Domain Name : saransaro.com
Look at the above and tell me which domain name looks good. Yes. “saransaro.com” look good and you’re the blog owner of saranasro.com
Whereas if you see “saransaro.wix.com” is not your own blog or own website. “wix” is the indirect owner of your website.
That’s what I would strongly suggest you to do for web-hosted domain names. (Bluehost offers Web hosting with free domain name)
“You will get a free Domain Name in Bluehost along buying a Web Hosting Service”
Choose the best web hosting for your Blog
Web-Hosting helps others to access your blog over the internet. You can’t imagine your blog without a domain name and web hosting.
How Web Hosting Works and how important Web Hosting is?
- User types website name in the browser.
- The Browser sends a request to Web-Server.
- Web Server or Web Hosting will receive the request from the browser.
- Now the Web or Hosting server will respond to the request.
- Now the Browser will show the Contents to the User on the browser.
I hope that now you clearly understand the need of Domain name and Web Hosting Provider.
There are many web hosting providers available on net to buy your both Domain name and Web-hosting.
As we know that the “WordPress” is the number one Blogging Platform to start a blog easily.
I would strongly go with the best domain and web hosting provider Bluehost.
Bluehost offers a great deal as a discount to the new bloggers.
As I requested Bluehost with more discount for people from my website. They agreed and were ready to go for $2.95 through this link.
One more great deal is you will get another free domain of your best choice for your blog.
Why is Bluehost the best for Blogging on WordPress?
- Bluehost is very affordable for just $2.95 (If go via this discount link).
- You will get a free domain name. You can choose your favorite domain name for this free domain.
- Bluehost is WordPress friendly.
- Doing a few clicks will launch WordPress platform software and you will see a blog ready.
- Once your Blog is ready, Bluehost is waiting for your blog to offer full performance stuff to get your blog ready with full of contents, images and videos.
- No Technical background needed to install WordPress Blogging software.
- WordPress has great performance to boost your blog.
How to sign up with Bluehost Hosting for WordPress?
Now, we’re going to buy a WordPress hosting in Bluehost.
Get Started by Clicking Here and you will see the details of Bluehost Hosting Plans for WordPress.
Now head over to Bluehost and obtain your free domain.
You’ll see 4 Hosting plans. Those are,
- Choice Plus <- Recommended
If you need to add unlimited websites in future and if you need unmetered website storage then I would strongly suggest you to go with “Choice Plus“.
As a newbie, you just wanted to use this web-hosting for only one website then I would suggest you to go with the “Basic” option to buy web-hosting.
Basic plan is good for the blog beginners.
After choosing the web-hosting plan, click on Select button to get started.
Now you’ll see your next screen to provide a new domain name and click on Next. (This Domain name is completely free for you).
Ensure that you’ve selected .com type domain
I hope you’re happy with your Free Domain Name by the Leading Web Hosting Provider.
Create Your Bluehost Account
Let’s complete the purchase by providing the account information and billing details.
If you need to select or unselect the option based on your need. From our experience except “Domain Privacy + Protection” , you do not need for now.
Bluehost Basic plan for 36 months
Bluehost Basic plan for 12 months
Now click on Submit to complete the purchase with Bluehost.
Congrats! You’ve complete almost the hardest part to start a blog. Now you have to look into content creation.
Bluehost offer discount price may vary based on the season.
Step 2: Free WordPress Blogging Software for your Blog
There are many reasons behind why we’ve chosen WordPress software for your blog.
- WordPress Software is user friendly.
- WordPress supported themes will allow you to change your current design with a single click.
- More than 1000 themes available for WordPress.
- No technical knowledge needed to handle WordPress.
- All latest features are in-built with WordPress.
- WordPress is SEO friendly.
- WordPress (sites) has built-in Blogs.
- Very easy to share on Social Media.
- WordPress updates available, Updates will be done through single click.
- All leading search engines like WordPress.
- Google loves very much the way WordPress Sites perform.
- Google also recommends WordPress.
- WordPress Sites Get high Page rank.
- WordPress pages are mobile responsive.
- Anyone can do a post.
- Plugins offer more functions.
- You’ll get 24X7 support from WordPress.
How to install free WordPress Software on your Blog
Just go back and remember that you’ve purchased Bluehost web-hosting with a free domain name.
Now you might have received an email from Bluehost team with the steps that how to login into the Bluehost customer Area.
- Now Login into Bluehost.
- As this is the first time login with Bluehost and you’ll see a startup wizard which takes you to the WordPress Installation wizard to your new blog or site.
- Struggling to see the WordPress Setup Wizard – Don’t worry, I will help you.
- Open My Sites -> click on Create Site to start the WordPress installation wizard.
- Now you’ll be directed a place where you would need to provide the information for your blog, like.,
- Site Name
- User Name
- Two clicks will complete your WordPress software installation. Now you will be able to access your blog’s dashboard by just typing as,
That’s it. You will see the WordPress Dashboard now.
Step 3: Change your Blog’s Appearance
Now your blog is completely ready to use. Though, you may like to change your appearance and look on your website / blog.
Current status of your blog looks like as shown below.
WordPress Themes and Plugins come into the picture now to make your blog more attractive, SEO friendly with many features.
What is Theme?
Theme is a small program which will give great looks with layouts to your blogs.
I would suggest you do not go for any paid themes as WordPress has more than 1000 free themes in-built.
How to Install or Change a WordPress Theme for Your Blog?
Open WordPress through yourwebsite.com/wp-admin
Hover to Appearance (If you’re OK with the pre-installed themes available on WordPress, you may change the available themes)..
If you want to Add New Themes (Premium Themes), then you need to show that where you’ve downloaded your favorite theme on your laptop or desktop.
It’s all based on you that,
If you like to use free themes from WordPress.org then you may login into WordPress.org and download the themes.
If you like to go with premium themes then you’re good to “Upload Theme” button.
Keep in mind that the best way to upload and change your theme is, use the .ZIP format file only.
Once you load your theme then you will ask for Install and Activate the theme.
Now you’re done well with your WordPress theme installation.
How to Customize WordPress Theme?
You do not need any special knowledge in Coding or something similar to that.
WordPress customize will help you to design or customize more about your blog or website.
Open WordPress Dashboard
Click on Appearance -> Customize
You’ll see the customization options for your blog on the left side.
You can see the changes as you live on the right side.
Once you’re good with your Customization then click on Save & Publish to take effect of recent changes.
What is Plugin? How to Install a WordPress Plugin?
Plugin is a tool which offers more functionality to your website or blog.
Let’s see how you Install WordPress Plugins?
Open WordPress Dashboard
Click on Plugin -> Add New
If you’re looking for a free plugin then search for it on the right side and select Install and Activate.
If you’ve purchased any specific plugin or premium plugin then you would need to click on the Upload Plugin button.
Now You’re good to Upload the plugin in the .ZIP format.
Now click on Install and Activate button.
You need to use the same place for Plugin updates also.
What are the must WordPress Plugins for all types of Blogs or Websites?
Your blog may be having any kind of Niches or Topics, but WordPress recommends some must have plugins to be installed.
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Yoast SEO Plugin
- Jet-pack by WordPress.com
- Contact Form 7
- TinyMCE Editor
- WordPress popular posts
- MailChimp for WordPress
So far, You’ve learned,
- How to choose your domain name?
- How to choose your web-hosting plan?
- Installing WordPress software
- What is Theme and Plugin?
- How to write your first blog post?
Alright. You’re well set with your blog now.
How to get people to read your blog and what are the ways to make money from your blog.?
Step 4: Write Your First WordPress Blog Post
What’s next? Start writing your first Post / Niche Topic now.
Before getting to know how to write your first post, I will help you with the best topics to start a blog.
What are the trending blog topics?
There are two kinds of people on the blogging platforms. Those are,
One category of people know what they are going to blog about.
Another category people do not have an idea about what topic to be picked in order to write a post.
I’ll help you people at my level best from my experiences.
Select a Topic which you are very interested in.
Don’t choose any topic where you don’t have knowledge and interests.
Do not select boring topics.
Also Read: Why is blogging so popular?
Below are the common topics to choose before your start writing a post.
- VIPs and Celebrities
- Your Story
- Your Life experiences (If it’s interested)
- Fashion related
- Beauty and Health
- Food and Cooking
- Car and Vehicles
- Historical Places
- Make Money
- All Pet Animals
- Career and more.
I hope that you’ll surely have knowledge on anyone of the above topics.
If I missed out something then please let me know in the comments sections. So that I will add those on my page.
I guess, you’re through with Domain name, Web-hosting and WordPress Blogging Software. What’s next?
Let’s write your first blog post about your favorite Niche / Topic.
- Open WordPress as yourdomain.com/WP-admin .
- Hover “Post“
- Click “Add New“
- WordPress Editor will open now.
- You may start typing the contents.
- Make sure that you’re typing in the Visual screen not in the Text screen as shown below.
- If you want to add Media like Images and Videos along with the contents then Click on Add Media shown in the image.
- Once you are done with your contents then click on Save Draft and then click on Publish to view your blog to others publicly.
Keep in mind that visitors always look for About Me or About Us page to know about you and your blog. This is mandatory that your site or blog must have all those pages created on your blog.
Step 5: How do you Increase your Blog Traffic?
Generally speaking, there are 2 types of traffic for Blogs.
1. Organic Traffic
2. Paid Traffic
1. Organic Traffic for your blog
You will not force anything to get Organic Traffic to your Blog. Yes. Organic traffic will happen through search traffic.
Organic traffic is happening when an user types a keyword or question on the search page of the search engines like Google.
Google (Crawler) will analyze the related contents on the web (including your blog also) and will come up with the exact result. Now the user will click the blog or website to get the info.
From my experience, Organic traffic is always best to get real visitors to your blog.
Email marketing is one of the best digital marketing strategies to get more visitors to your product page to increase the sales.
2. Paid Traffic to your Blog
Getting traffic by forcing in the form of Advertisements or banner ads.
The popular paid traffics are Facebook, Twitter, Taboola, Outbrain, Google Adwords and much more.
You’re paying to any ad networks to get Paid traffic to your website or blog. Paid traffic is an option that you can pay and get traffic when you need it.
Best ways to get more traffic to your blog.
- 1.Write Good Articles
- 2. Regular Updates in your posts
- 3. Cross Links to your Older posts
- 4. Get Backlinks
- 5. Write more new posts
- 6. Target to the right people
- 7. Guest blogging to get quality backlinks
- 8. Write Good Headlines
- 9. Add more images and videos
- 10. Better keyword research
- 11. Add keyword in your post URL
- 12. Post body should have Keywords
- 13. SEO Practices
- 14. Proactive in the Discussions forums
- 15. Write a Viral Blog Post
Step 6: How to make money from your Blog Traffic?
Now, you are getting many visitors to your blog. Alright. You’re very happy now.
Now the task would be, how to make money from blog using the traffic coming in. Monetizing a blog is an art. We have seen there are various ways to make real money online from Google Jobs easily.
There are several ways to make money from your blog traffic and through best affiliate programs for bloggers.
- 1. Affiliate Marketing
- 2. Earn from Google Adsense
- 3. Make Money from Sponsored posts
- 4. Direct Ads
- 5. Sell Ad Space to the Advertising Networks
- 6. Selling eBooks & Selling leads to the companies
- 7. Selling Digital Products
- 8. Create a Podcast
- 9. Crating a Job Board
You can start a YouTube channel for your business. This helps focus more on your sales.
Who can start a blog?
This guide has been made up for the person who doesn’t have blogging knowledge. Yes. This guide how to start a successful blog is completely for beginners.
You don’t need any technical knowledge to start a blog. Just follow this simple step by step guide to start a successful blog and earn.
These simple steps to start a self-hosted WordPress blog Guide is suitable for anyone who wants to start their blogger career. There is no specific knowledge or qualifications needed to become a successful blogger.
You could be anyone from 20 years old to 80+, it doesn’t matter to create a blog on WordPress to start your profession as a blogger.
We have seen many best blogs for women run by female bloggers. Those assist women to build a blog and support for anything related to women.
Whether you can be a part-time employee, full-time employee, college student, Housewife, Retired or anyone. This detailed guide to create a blog with WordPress will make you a successful blogger.
Follow these simple steps one by one to complete your WordPress Blog to start making money blogging.
Our Guide towards “how to start a blog in 2021″ has step-by-step instructions with screenshots which will help you to save your time while creating a new WordPress blog.
We would strongly suggest you to go with WordPress.Org only. Because WordPress.org offers you may advanced features to design your blog and attract more visitors to visit your blog again and again.
If you want to learn how to start a blog with no money then we would advice you to go with the WordPress.com platform where you no need to spend money. But you will have limited feature and control on your website.
FAQs to Start a Blog in 2021
There are many questions that arise in people’s mind related to how to start a blog and earn money in 2021. Here are the frequently asked questions about how to start a blog from scratch.
1. Is blogging really profitable in 2021?
There is no doubt at all. Blogging is 100% profitable business online. Earlier, blogging was a hobby, but things have changed.
After COVID – 19, many companies let people to work and people started their own business online. This made the blogging business trend and blogging is the primary source of income for many people and super profitable.
2. How much does it cost to start a blog in 2021?
As there is big competition in the hosting companies, so you will get a free domain name when you purchase a hosting from the hosting providers.
There are many hosting providers that offer you a free domain name or if you want to buy a domain name only then it may not cost more than $4 per month. If you’re buying a yearly package then you will get a good discount with the domain name.
3. Are bloggers really making money from blogs?
I have already given the earning and payment proof in the beginning of this article. However, you may check here how to create a blog in 2021 from scratch and make money blogging.
Can I host the site for free of cost?
There are few ways to host your site without spending money. I would suggest you to try with:
Remember, there are many limitations in features and drawbacks compared to the paid hosting. The primary dis-advantage is, you will have the domain name with the free hosting provider (Example saransaro.wix.com).
Limitation for using plugins (add-ons) and templates in free host support. You cannot customize much in the free-platform whereas in the paid platform, you will have many options to customize and many features to change your site performance and appearance.
Hence, I would strongly suggest my readers to go with the paid hosting with WordPress to take your online business to the top level at the earliest. For the sake of just $3 per month, you will complete control on your blog and hosting.
What is the Best and Economical for Blogs?
I just mentioned a few free hosting platforms for your blog like Blogger and Wix. However, if you’re serious about blogging and would like to generate income from blogging then I would strongly suggest you build your site with a cheap but paid hosting company.
In my experience, Bluehost is the best hosting company to start with, because you will get:
A cheap hosting in Bluehost for just $2.95 per month.
You’ll get a free domain name for your favorite name.
From my own experience, you’ll get great technical support.
Step by Step Video to Start a Blog Successfully in 2021
Conclusion To Start a Successful Blog in 2021
Yes. As a detailed article ‘how to start a blog in 2021 from scratch’ this guide helps bloggers like you from the top to bottom.
I’ve given the details from creating a blog to until making money from that blog. If you go through this article step by step, then you will surely get succeeded in terms of blogging business.
We’ve almost covered all the topics related to the blog, in terms of,
- How to Choose a Web hosting with Domain Name,
- Installation of WordPress software,
- How to install Plugins and Themes
- The proven real ways to bring traffic to your blog
- How to make money from your blog traffic.
Hope. You’ve enjoyed reading this article ” How to start a profitable blog in 2021 on WordPress” and you will start blogging today and will become a best blogger soon and make huge money from your blog.
Thanks for reading. Please share this article.
All the Best for your Blogging Business.