It’s very interesting and useful to know how to download a video from Facebook on desktop and mobile. People have an doubt in their mind that can I download a video from Facebook? Downloading videos from Facebook lets you have your own copy of the videos on your computer or mobile phone. Popular video hosting sites and social media websites make it very difficult to download the videos or content for the revenue and copyright reasons. However, saving a copy of a video you see on social media like Facebook is very simple. Here’s the easiest way to download FB videos and clips on your Computer or Smartphone.
Can I Download a Video from Facebook?
Yes, you can download videos from Facebook as long as those are set to public. We always suggest our readers check well before downloading a piece from the internet. Download a Facebook video is very simple for the Windows, MacOS and Android users as they need to just copy and paste the URL of video link. However, iPhone users have to use a 3rd party tools or apps like MyMedia.
Is Facebook Offering a Save Option to Save a Video?
Yes, Facebook has a “Save Video” option. You would need to click on the three-dot at the top of the video or post. However, this is not going to save the FB video on your target device, but just saves it on the app. So you can watch the video later.
But this isn’t ideal if you want to share the videos to your friends and relatives who don’t have a Facebook account. Also it is not possible if you want to watch the videos offline.
Fortunately, there are some simple ways to download Facebook videos on computer and mobile. Remember, you should not download and share the videos those are copyrighted content.
If you want to download a private Facebook video then you should check with the person before proceeding.
How to Download a Facebook Video from Facebook on Desktop?
Here’s the simple step-by-step guide to download Facebook videos on your desktop.
1. Open Facebook Website in your desktop browser and open the video you want to download.
2. Once the video start playing, click on the three-dot button on the right of the video.
3. In the right side drop-down options, click on “Copy Link” from the top fourth.
4. Now paste the copied link in the address bar.
5. Replace “www” with “mbasic” as shown here.
6. Now press “Enter” and you’ll get a mobile or small view which is not clear.
7. Right click on the video and select “Open link a new tap“.
8. You may need to login in your Facebook account again.
In the new windows, your FB video is only a matter to show. Now right click it and click on “Save video as” to download the video on your computer or laptop.
How to Download a Video from Facebook on Android Mobile?
Below is the simplest way to download a Facebook video on a mobile.
1. To download a Facebook video on an Android mobile device, open the video and click on the 3 dot icon and then click on “Copy Link” from the drop-down menu.
2. Now open a browser in your mobile and paste the copied link.
3. Replace “www” with “mbasic” and press “Enter“.
4. Now you may need to sign in again on your Facebook account.
5. Now hold on the video and you’ll get a pop-up menu.
6. Next tap “Download Video“.
7. Once the video is downloaded from Facebook, you can view it offline.
8. Now you will find the downloaded video in your mobile’s download folder.
How to Download a Facebook Video to an iPhone?
Here’s a easy step to download Facebook videos on your iPhone.
- Open MyMedia app from your iPhone (If you don’t have it then download from Apple App).
- Now open the Facebook App from your iPhone.
- Find the video that you want to download on your iPhone.
- Now tap the “Share” button which is located below the video.
- tap the Chain (link) icon (located in the top right corner).
- Once its done, the Facebook app closes its main menu and back to the video.
- You’ll get confirmation as “Copied” followed by a check-mark.
- Now open “MyMedia” file manager app.
- Type fbdown.net in the search bar and paste the URL in the text box.
- Now tap Download ( Now you’ll see a photo thumbnail of your video).
- tap More option (only).
- Now tap “Force Download SD or Force Download HD”.
- Select Download file.
- Give a file name and Save it.
- Now the Download progress bar will appear. Once the download is completed the bar will disappear.
- Now go back in the top right corner and tap Media.
- Tap on the video that you downloaded now.
- Tab to Save to Camera Roll ( here you will find your downloaded video in your Photos app).
I hope this article is very useful for the people who wants to download a video from Facebook on their laptop, desktop. PC, tablet, Windows, MacOs, Android or iPhone. We would strongly suggest our readers to read the copyright and policy before download video from Facebook.