Windows will always detect your Wireless Network if a Wireless Network adapter has been installed in your computer. What are the reasons that wifi name not available in the list.
You may think still Why can’t I see a wireless network in the list of available networks.?
You should see a list of available or detected wireless networks in Connect to a Network.
If Windows did not detect a network (within the Range), it might be one the following reasons given below.
Why My Wifi Name Not Available in the List?
Why I Can’t See My Wireless Network in the List of Available Networks?
- Your computer is too far from the Wireless Router or access point at your Home or Office.
- The Wireless switch of your computer may be turned off.
- The Wireless router or access point could be turned off or isn’t working properly.
– Ensure your Router or Access point is turned ON and that the wireless signal light is illuminated.
– Reset the Router or Access point by Unplugging it, (Wait for at least 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.)
The Router or Access point is busy.
Your Network Admin blocks access to certain Networks
Your Wireless Network Adapter is in Monitor mode.
The Network you’re looking for is set to not broadcast its network name.
How to Set your Network to Broadcast its Network Name ?
- Open Manage Wireless Networks through clicking Start > Control Panel. In another way > search box, type Wireless, and then click Manage wireless networks.
- Click Add, and then Click on Manually create a network profile.
- Type the network information.
- If you like your Windows to automatically connect when the network is in range, select the Start this connection automatically check box.
- Now Select the Connect even if the network is not broadcasting check box, click Next, and then click Close.
Now, the network will be added to your list of networks.
The added network will be available to connect to when your computer is in range of the network. To connect to the network, follow these steps:
– Open Connect to a Network by clicking the network icon in the notification area.
– Click Unnamed Network, click Connect, and then type the network information.
The network will be added to your list of networks and will be available to connect to in the future when your computer is in range of the network.
Also Read: What is Network Architecture?