You might have heard “ Windows Welcome Music ” during startup. Do you want your computer say your name in computer startup time?
If so, this article will help you how to make your computer greet your name during startup.
This simple trick helps you to make your computer to welcome your name during startup in its computerized voice.
How to Make Your Computer Startup Name During Boot-up
- Open Notepad — Click on Start >All Programs > Accessories > Notepad.
- Just Copy & Paste below Code exactly in the Notepad.
Dim speaks, speech
speaks=”Welcome to your PC, Username”
- Replace “Username” with your name.
- Click on File Menu > Save As > select All Types in Save as Type option, and save the file name as Welcome.vbs
- Copy the Saved file – Welcome.vbs
- Navigate to C:\Users\ UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Now paste Welcome.vbs here.
Sample from my laptop:
If you are not able to see AppData folder, then it may be a hidden folder. Hence, you will need to select showing hidden folders in Folder options to locate it.
You are done. Now you can restart your computer to test the same. It will greet your name in computerized voice during windows startup.
This is the simple trick to make your computer greet your name during startup.
You will be very happy when you hear your name being called by your computer at every startup.
For more info:
It is recommended to change sound scheme to No Sounds. To do, please follow steps given below:-
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Then click on Switch to Classic View > Click on Sounds and Audio Devices > Click on the Sounds Tab.
3. Select No Sounds from the Sound Scheme option.
4. If you wish to save your Previous Sound Scheme, you can save it by clicking on “Yes” in the popup menu.
5. Click on OK.