It’s good that you’ve purchased Windows 10. Do you feel that your Windows 10 is slow ? many Windows users have already discovered that same issue that Slower Boot-UP time in Windows 10.
This tutorial explains you How to Speed up Windows 10 and Turn ON Fast Startup Windows 10.
Windows 10 has an awesome feature called Windows 10 Fast Startup. Do you know that is Fast Startup in Windows 10 ?
When shutting down your computers, Windows 10 Fast Startup feature will save your all system information on to a temporary file and it pulls info from the temporary file to startup your PC again (rather than restarting from scratch.)
We will see how to Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10.
How to Speed Up Windows 10 – Turn on Fast Startup in Windows 10 ?
- You need to open the Power Options, through as shown below.
- Go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> Power Options, Or else, Open Settings >> System >> Power & Sleep and then click on Additional Power Settings.
- In the Power Options >> Choose What the power buttons do which is located left side of the screen. Now click Change Settings that are currently unavailable.
Under Shutdown settings, you could see an option Turn ON fast startup (recommended).
Now, Check this box and then click Save changes.
That’s it. Turn ON your computer now, and Your computer will start up faster.
I would suggest to shutdown and restart the computer to take effect of the changes.
20 Simple Steps to Speed Up your Slow Windows Computer or Laptop
- Customize / Disable Startup Programs
- Remove Virus ,Malware and Trojan
- Increase Memory and free disk space
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Run “Error Checking” on all hard drives.
- Delete Temporary Files.
- Update Drivers, Patches and Software’s
- Turn OFF Unused Windows Features, Stop Unwanted Processes from Task Manger.
- Set your computer’s energy settings to High Performance
- Give your computer a static IP
- Do less multitasking
- Reduce the Delay of the Start Menu Display
- Disable or Tune search indexing
- Restart regularly
- Limit the Number of Items in Each Folder
- Uninstall all applications that are no longer needed.
- Run Disk Cleanup
- Run Third Party Clean up Software (Free Adware).
- Defragment your Hard-drive
- Check Cooling fan for Computer or Processor is overheating.
This article should help you in terms of how to Speed Up Windows 10 – Turn on Fast Startup in Windows 10.
Share this article below Facebook & Twitter.