You might have encountered “Something Happened” error during Windows 10 Upgrade.
This article shows How to Fix Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade.
Users are getting an error during upgrade Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
“Something Happened” Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade occurs due to the below explained factors.
You just follow below shown Simple steps to fix Unable to Upgrade to Windows 10 – Something Happened error.
How to Fix Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade
Method 1: Run Media Creation Tool as Administrator
Right Click the .EXE file Media Creation Tool and select “Run as Administrator” option and finish the upgrade.
Method 2 : Verify and Change Locale and Language Settings to English (United Sates)
Below is the simple steps to change locale and language settings in your computer to fix the Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade problem.
- Open Control Panel > click on Region icon. ( Alternatively you can direct open it using intl.cpl command in RUN or Start Search box.)
- You will see a new window of your current system locale, language, etc.
- Go to “Administrative” tab and click > “Change system locale” button.
- Now select English (United States) option from the drop-down box and click OK button.
Method 3: Disable Antivirus Program or Internet Security Suite
Try Disable Antivirus Program or Internet Security Suite to fix Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade.
If the issue still occurs then Remove / uninstall Antivirus Programs from “Control Panel -> Programs and Features” window.
Method 4: Verify the Services
Check the below services are running properly and all set run as Automatic to fix Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade.
- Go to Start > Run > Type services.msc. It opens Services Manager.
- Ensure following services are set to Automatic and running without any issue.
Automatic Updates OR Windows Update
Background Intelligent Transfer Service
IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
If you find any / all of the above mentioned services are not running or not set to Automatic, double-click on the service, set its Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down list, Apply the changes and click on “Start” button to immediately start the service to complete.
Now Restart Windows / Computer and it should fix Fix Something Happened Error Message in Windows 10 Upgrade issue.